Pages - Menu

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Blessings and Flowers

This past Saturday, my friend and I held our joint senior recital, and it was both an incredibly fun and incredibly scary experience. I pretty much panicked all morning and early afternoon...and also tried to shove down as many bananas as possible. Tip for the nervous: bananas and pomegranates have natural beta-blockers. While I don't know/think the bananas actually worked, seeing all my family and friends who came despite their busy schedules and the long trip down to Charlottesville made me feel so, so blessed. They helped calm me down, for sure. Now that I'm on the flip-side of things and the performance didn't turn into a giant train wreck--all thanks to God--I am really glad to have done a senior recital in my last year as an undergraduate student. Even though it's nothing huge, it has really challenged me to grow as a cellist and as a person, particularly in the area of self-confidence.

Also, my sweet friends and family gave me such BEAUTIFUL flowers. I haven't received so many flowers since my high school graduation. They're so stinking pretty. Every time I look at them, I want to explode. Here are snapshots of just a few of them.


I wanted to do more of an object study, so clearly these are staged. My room has had recital stress tornado right through it--there was no time to be a lady. But aren't these flowers gorgeous? Two of my closest sister-friends helped me arrange all of them when we got home late after dinner, even though they were tired. They did such a good job! Not to be excessive, but I am again so, so thankful and blessed by the people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment