Pages - Menu

Thursday, April 17, 2014

An Unexpected Purchase

This past winter, I bought a motorcycle jacket. Moto jackets have always been a bit intimidating to me, and to be honest, I was not really seeking one out. I just like to admire them and appreciate them from afar, like pixie cuts or tight-rope walking or lions. I don't know. I've never actually seen a lion in person. Regardless, I digress.

For my own style, I used to be into much more feminine pieces, but as of late, my taste has streamlined and become more minimal, which you can see in my small PINTEREST. I don't really dabble in trends, partially because I'm a student and don't make enough money to constantly update my wardrobe and partially because the idea of wearing an item for only a short amount of time really irks me, and I am far from being edgy. Therefore, leather motorcycle jackets--the epitome of bikeriness (totally not a word) and edginess--make me uncomfortable and just looked wrong when tried on. But all has changed since I found this.

No, it's not leather, so maybe I'm cheating. But the shape is the same. The wool fabric and dark navy color make this motorcycle jacket less intense. To me, this is much more crisp and wearable, and it fits well in my wardrobe. I don't look as awkward, which is always a plus, and I got it on super uper sale--even bigger plus. Maybe one day I'll be able to wear a leather jacket, but for now, this is enough. For anybody wanting a less formidable moto jacket, I would suggest looking into different colors and fabrics such as these: HERE (this season's version - it also comes in different colors/fabrics) or HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment